TEM (DOT) COM is pleased to announce the 9th Edition of the World Quality Report from Capgemini, SOGETI and MicroFocus. This 2018 report continues to represent and promote the world of Test Environments Management with a whole chapter dedicated to “Test Data Management and Test Environment Management” information.
This year’s brief captures the response from over 1600 executives across 32 countries.
Here are TEMDOTCOMS favourite 5 statistics
- 46% of respondents identified “a lack of appropriate test environments and data” to be biggest challenge facing Agile Development
- 41% of respondents identified “lack of facilities to book and manage test environments”
- 48% of respondents identified “an inability to manage excess Test Environments demand”
- 47% of respondents identified “a lack of visibility of test environment availability”
- 38% of respondents identified “defects due to environment misconfiguration “
For more details on other stats across Test Environments & Test Data, or across other Quality & DevOps topics then download a complete copy of the report here. Get your copy here: https://www.capgemini.com/service/world-quality-report-2017-18/
Our Summary of WQR findings
While organizations continue to invest significantly in testing & QA, it is still apparent based on this year’s findings and previous years (please refer 2016, 2017) that most organizations continue to struggle with the more complex aspect of Test Operations (Test Environments & Data Management).
On the upside however, the release of the report does indicate an ongoing elevation of awareness which will hopefully result in a change to behaviour, WQR trends (in future editions) and ultimately investment in tooling and enterprise outcomes.