Provided below is a holistic overview of the key functions of a Test Environment Management .
Chronologically we believe you should:
- Establish System Knowledge
- Capture Project/BAU Demand for your Systems
- Analyse Conflict & Plan Accordingly
- Allocate Environments (& look to Share)
- Standardise & Simplify Environment TestOps
- Automate Environment Tasks e.g. Shakedown
- Ensure you have Service Support (ITSM)
- Terminate/Clean Up Environments after Use
Implementation of a process similar to above will uplift your Environment IP, promote proactive management behaviour, mature your underlying operations, streamline the service and also ensure effective Infrastructure housekeeping (thus reduce/control costs).
Download TEM Process PDF.